This Engagement Agency service helps organizations benchmark their employee engagement assessment and feedback strategies and tactics against effective practices and, if necessary, identify the most appropriate solutions and implementation strategies.
Despite spending an estimated $1 billion or more on employee engagement surveys each year, US companies as an aggregate have little to show for it. Gallup surveys of employee engagement have changed little over the last 10 years, with generally under 40% of Americans describing themselves as engaged at work.
• Why do employee engagement surveys so frequently fail to achieve measurable results.
• Organizations create the surveys without any connection to their strategic plan, purpose, or objectives.
• The results take a while to process and little is done with it when the report is complete.
• Employees lose interest and response rates fall off.
• Even if actionable, a lot of employee survey data is based on their perceptions rather than actual behaviors.
The Engagement Agency helps organizations take a strategic step back to evaluate their employee engagement strategies and tactics based on:
• Alignment with the organization’s purpose and objectives.
• Degree to which the information is based both on impressions and behaviors.
• Level of digitalization.
• Distribution and utilization of the findings.
• Degree of alignment with other efforts related to communications, learning, rewards, and recognition, and measurement.
• Utilization of surveys and behavioral information to provide prescriptive analytics.
The deliverables can include:
• Creation of a formal employee engagement survey strategy with a clear ROI tied to organizational objectives and values.
• Oversight of implementation and measurement.
• Managed outsourcing of employee engagement and feedback technology or other engagement solutions.